Sep 28, 2008

Don’t be shy, speak up! (Yingshan Hu)

“Speaking up may not magically change a biased attitude, but it can change a person’s behavior by putting a strong message across. And the more messages there are, the most likely a person is to change that behavior.”

This quote is from the article “DON’T JUST STAND THERE”.
Actually I think I am a shy girl, when I meet some people first time I see, I usually don’t be shyt know how to talk with them. So I think I need to learn how to speak up. Speak up can change a person’s behavior, don’t be shy, speak up, it would be make you more confident and communicate with somebody become easier. Speak up is a good way to project yourself, if you can do it, I think your behavior already changed.

1 comment:

Leslie said...

What a great quote! Quoted again?
(leslie)

This sentence is quoted again?

Yes, it's a great quote. Especially for Asian people, it's more than necessary to speak up more. Since Asian philosophy leaves more to people's self-reflection, that is, whatever bad behavior people have, we leave it to themselves to think and realize it and correct by themselves. It is called introspection. However, it often works only to people with morals. For those wicked people, it never worked. Therefore, it's always necessary to speak up and point out the problem, so that it can be corrected immediately.

For ourselves, it's same. Speaking up can also change our own behaviors.