Nov 1, 2009

My Topic for Essay 3

Hello everyone.
I hope you are doing everything well with mid term. :-)

My topic for this research paper is how Asian-American struggle in culture as they live in America.
There are many people from different nations live in America.
Especially, Koreans and Chinese have very different customs and cultures compared to Americans.
Therefore, many second generations experience conflict between two cultures.
Because of the differences between family life and school life of Asian Americans, this differences lead them to have a gap with their parents, who is not familar with American Culture.

As I have seen many young korean American generations in United States, I really wanted to research asbout this issue and want to find the solution for them.
(Unfortunately, there are only few references I could find upto now.. :-( )

After I have been studying with Americans in this school, my identity as Korean is getting stronger, which helps me to be who I am.

No comments: