Nov 1, 2009

Idea for research paper

In my Essay 3, I would like to talk about people who find their own individual identity through from the conflicts between the Asian cultures and the U.S. cultures.
First, I would like to describe the influence of western pop culture in Taiwanese society.
And what are the positives and negatives?
Second, as foreign student in the U.S, how have I experience the perception that Americans have about Asians and Asian cultures?
Third, what are the differences between Taiwanese Culture in the U.S and In Taiwan?
Furthermore, I might talk about what are the differences between the first generation immigrant from Taiwan and the second generation Taiwanese American, how did they encountered with their culture crashes?

2 comments:

CoramDeo said...

Hello
I think we have similar topic.
I wanted to focus on Korean Americans but there were not many references I could find.
I hope you will find many good sources for your paper.

Leslie said...

I appreciate your idea. I also want to know the crash between American culture and Asian cultures.
Yiling Feng