Feb 28, 2010

In a Restaurant~(Yuehua Jin)

This picture looks like an electrocardiogram. But actually, it shows that in contrast to westerners, easterners usually keep quiet in a restaurant.

I have lived in China for 20 years and I came to America almost half a year ago. So I know what the difference in China and in America is.

Easterners like talking and chatting when they eat, so it sometimes makes the restaurant very noisy. Westerners also talk when they eat, but they talking in a low voice. I think it doesn’t mean which side is right, it just the different culture in east and in west.

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Each culture has its typical features, and no one can make any judgment on what is good or bad, or right or wrong. To every culture, we should hold a respectful attitude.

Try to write as much as you can to any free writing. This is too short to a 10 min. writing, esp. when I have given you all these days to keep working on it.

It's waaaaaaaaaay to short.

Leslie