Feb 7, 2010

The Frist Thanksgiving (Xing.Pan)

Sarah Vowell’s description of her first experience hosting Thanksgiving paints
an amusing and touching portrait of her relationship with her family. She invited his parents to come to nyc to have Thanksgiving, she expected them to say yes, however they really come and come with my sister and her son. Because before everyone of her family lived a each life, so there are some happen on this thanksgiving such as cook dinner and trip and sense and so on. Author used many interested words and sentences to represent the especial relationship among her family.
To make a general survey of whole article, Sarah Vowell just want to have a normal family life and she doesn’t want to close them, actually they also think so. But since a invite by author to change the Thanksgiving thoroughly. From the last sentence of the article “My sister wishes she were home. My mom and dad wish there were home. I wish they were home too”, It indicates that they also didn’t enjoy the Thanksgiving and they want to have their each life.
I had a bittersweet feeling when I finished my reading, I have nothing to say on this article, because it isn’t used to be on China. I think it’s a negative case, but author used the humorous way to relate the story. There have so many humorous words within the article that it can attract the interest of reader to read.

No comments: