Sep 26, 2009

Speak out loudly (Susan Chen)

After I have read the article, I found that I have many common points with the author. When some other people are talking about the bad things behind me or even in front of me, of course I will feel extremely uncomfortable. However, I always chose to forget it. Because I am an ordinary people, just like everyone else, I cannot do as a perfect. If so, it will be too hard and tough.

Many times I was hurt by those words and I often said to myself that next time I should speak out what I was thinking about. But till that moment, I felt that I cannot say anything, even though the words have already in my mind. To be honest, I have no idea why I didn’t say anything to express my anger.

But fortunately, when the similar thing happened, I did it and made it. Just about three years ago, I went to Michigan State University for a summer camp. At that time, I was only a new student of a high school. I hoped that I can make some friends through this camp. Two days was gone, there was still nobody talking to me actively. I was totally invisible. Did I do something wrong? I was always thinking about the question.

“Hey, guys, look, that girl is stilling alone. So bad. She is totally the shadow of the teachers. Why do those teachers like to talk to her, not us?” Suddenly I understood that why they didn’t like to talk to me. They treated me as a myrmidon of the teachers. I went forward to them and said:” Listen, guys, I would like to make friends with you. But you guys totally ignore me. I am not a secretary or shadow of the teachers. I just don’t be alone.” I cried, maybe because I have spoken out the words which have hidden in my heart for a long time. However, the tears and the words did work. They didn’t say the bad things behind me anymore. And I have made a couple of friends during the summer camp. To me, this summer camp seemed significant. I overcame myself and spoke out the words I wanted to say which I never did before.

Why don’t we speak out what we want to say? If we do, it really can help us solve those tough problems.

4 comments:

Leslie said...

I think it is not exactly related with the main idea of " the long overdue" story. You put your thoughts like you think you are like a princess and other people must noticed you immediatly. In this world so many people,and you, YOU have to do something to make other people noticed you. You already have an answer on your question : "However, I always chose to forget it. Because I am an ordinary people, just like everyone else, I cannot do as a perfect." If think this way about yourself why these words and ignorance hurt you? You found very nice excuse. So i think in your case you have to deal first of all with your own confidence and self -esteem and then blame other people. Natalia Ushak.

Leslie said...

First of all, thanks for your comment. And I just want to explain something about my writing. It is true that I always forget the words which others say about me. But when this kind of thing happens over and over again, I cannot stand it any more. This is the reason why when others said something bad behind me during the summer camp, I spoke my feelings out loudly. I don't want people to notice me. I just want people to treat me as a normal student, not a shadow of anyone. Susan

Jianjie Zhao said...

I understand you felling when you ignore by others on the summer camp. as my personal angle, when you want to make friend, , you should talk to other positive,not just waiting. everyone are afraid of lonelyness, so be brave when you want to talk to others

Terry said...

I totally agree with you. I think we should speak out loud what we really want to say. Sometimes, keep it inside can make you feel hurt and never solve any problem. By the way, I am glad that you have made friends on summer camp. Keep doing thing that you know that is right.