Sep 27, 2009

long overdue/YEN-CHIEH CHEN

This article talks about prejudice which means some people look down others because they have different colors, languages, or countries. This issue is always around us. However, what cause people to prejudice others? In my opinion, first reason is money. Back to few decades, if black people had mass of money and had most powerful weapons, who dare to prejudice black people. Second reason is history. Now, we learn faults, success and right and wrong from history. Some people prejudice other country because of wars in history. Countries got benefit from wars. However, we learned a lot from wars, therefore, now countries get their benefit via other ways. I don’t think there has any reason that anyone should be blame for the history. I have a friend who told me that he would not be friend with Japanese because of history. Indeed, I don’t agree with him, but I don’t think there has any way that can change his mind. Final reason is education and it is most important thing. I think if we get better education, then the prejudice will reduce. That the reason that the prejudice is getting less. However, I don’t think there is any good reason that allows people to prejudice or to be prejudiced. My friend who is from Brazil told me “I am not better than anyone, but no one better than me either”. I always think about this.

1 comment:

Leslie said...

yes!! I agree with you. you point out every detail about the prejudice. I am very touched. Thank you for your teaching. YUMIHA YANO