Sep 27, 2009

Long Overdue (Lian Chen)

When I saw “Think of something you said. Now write what you wish you had said” in this article. I recalled as I was in ESL last year, the teacher are Susan and Rochelle. They ever told me about my situation in the class. They said” when they asked questions in the class. Even if I knew the answers, I always chose to keep silence. I would not to be a volunteer to answer the questions. They hoped that I could be more active in the class. I also wanted to raise my hand to answer the questions that I knew. But I was very fear that everyone would open their big eyes to star at me. If my answer was wrong, I was feeling very embarrassing. That was the reason why I always kept silence. After I still kept try again and again, my hand still put in my legs. Eventually, I lost convince that I had. I began to fear everything that I was first to face.

3 comments:

Ting Shu said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ting Shu said...

I had the same experience like you were in ESL. but I got better after had many art classes with the American students. I have to talk my purpose about my artwok to my classmates and the teacher. They understand it better, then I feel better. I think we just need more courage when people are looking at us and what we are going to say.

Leslie said...

I think this problem maybe relates to our culture. We always care our face, then, we want to say the right answer for all questions. we do want to answer questions energetically, but we do not do it like American student.