Sep 27, 2009

long long overdue around me (Yumiha Yano)

I write about an article "overdue". the author of this article has a mother who is an American and a father who is a Palestian. She wrote about her experience of encouters with anti-arab people. They who said kind of prejudice to her said it without thinking. I have experienced something like this before.
I'm from Japan. Japan was not open to other countries before, and still there are very exclusive people who don't like people who are from other countries. once my japanese friend told me that she doesnt like other asian country people and doesnt want to be friends with them because they are rude and rough. i wondered why she can think in that way. of course japanese are also asians, and all of asian people are not rude. it depends on their personarity. i have a grandfather who is from taiwan and now he lives in japan. so what she said made me sad.i really felt that this kind of person meke the country very closed. i didnt say anything at the time, but i will not forget what she said.
The things which they think it is nothing may be really crucial and can hurt someone uncontiously. It is really dangerous. So this article and my experience make me think that i shoud think what I want to say over before I do it not to deny other cultures and to solute the overdues around us.

1 comment:

Leslie said...

you wrote really good points. you had good examle to show the problem of this article. YEN-CHIEH CHEN