Sep 27, 2009

Proud to be Korean.

There was a long pause after I finished this "Long Overdue" article.
Naomi, even though her long overdue left her a painful memory, I felt how she loved her country and how bravely she standed for her nation by writting.

What am I? Shame and embarassing emotions evoked from my inner side.

I'm from South Korea which is the only nation devided into two.
Yes. Sadly, I have to clearly say I'm from South since many people would be aware of North Korea.

Back to my junior high school year, I remember how I was sad about my country's segregation.
When I was watching people on TV who were originally from North and crying out for their families who still live in North, I also cried. I also remember all students sang together about unity of Korea.

However, now, when politicians declared North Korea as one of the most dangerous country in this century, I do not feel anything. Even though I used to believe that North Korea was part of my country, there wasn't any long overdue when people were describing North Korea as most dangerous country in this centry.

Probably my heart for North Korea is long overdue.

This article helped me to realize how my heart has been ignorant in these days.
My mind has been refocused to my country's origin and I wish Korea to be one again someday.

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Ifound you post is very interesting,and you put article "long overdue" in another level. I must confess i've never think alot about other countries like South and North Korea and didnt spent asecond to think how it feels to be separate. You make me think about it and the more i've read people's opinion here the more i am amazed about students from the other countries. Some thoughts like yours are very deep. Natalia Ushak.