Sep 24, 2009

"Long Overdue" essay (Yalin Hsiao)

I can not understand why this essay's title is "Long Overdue"before reading. However, when i finished reading this article, i noticed the meaning of this title. In this article there is a writer's favorite poet William used to say, "Think of something you said" and "Now write what you wish you had said." It remind writer to think of the times "I said nothing." This quote is totally relate to the main idea. In reality, there are countless people are through all over the world, and there are lots of different personalities of people. I also like the writer's favorite poet William's quote, because i think it is important to think of something before you said it. Without thinking you might hurt someone oneday.

3 comments:

Mengqi Zhao said...

I totally agree with the writer. Sometimes I did say some words that hurt instead of saying the warm sentences. I do regret. I hope I can do better in this year.

Leslie said...

ya.. i also agree with the writer. i usually care when i have conversation with people but sometimes i don't wanna care what i said and then i regret about that. This article make me think more about that.( Hearim Lee)

Christina~* said...

Definitely, it's really important for us to think carefully before we talk. Our reckless sentences can easily stir other's emotion. It's also a way to show our care for others. And also I think we should learn to open our mind and respect to someone's point of view.