Sep 27, 2009

Long Overdue( Li, Yanqiong)

I am writing an article which is named “Long Overdue”, which was written by Naomi Shihab Nye, who is a daughter of an American mother and a Palestinian father, has won many awards. After I read this article, it makes me feel that sense. I realize that if I want to say something, I must think it over. Sometimes if we want to say something, but we do not think it over and just say it straightly, it will make people feel hurt. But sometimes you may think that if you do not say anything what you know to anyone, it will make misunderstanding between you and me.
I remember that one of case in my life. When I studied in the high school, I had one of my friends who called Melo. She had a boyfriend who called Jay. They fell in love each other for 1 year. One day, I went to club to have fun, suddenly, I saw Jay seated over there in the club and holding a girl. I really do not know that girl, but I can sure that she is not my best friend, Melo. After that, I met Melo in my house, she told me that how she loved her boyfriend, and she also had a plan which is getting married. Unbelievable, at that moment, I really want to tell her the truth. But I scared that I will make her feel hurt. So I decided to give up. However, her boyfriend broke up with her. She felt so sad and she did not eat anything for a few days. At that time, I knew that, if you know something about someone which one you really care about, you should just say it. Do not bury it. If some one which you do not care, you can just ignore them. Try you best to protect your relationship with your friends, and find a best time to tell them what you know about them. Always remember that do not become “Long Overdue.”

No comments: