Nov 16, 2008

YunJu Chung "transamerica"

"My body may be a work-in-progress, but there is nothing wrong with my soul."



When I saw this movie I heard this sentence. Transamerica is the story of a transgendered woman the named Bree that has yet to have her operation. For a woman to play a man who is becoming a woman initself is incredible. She has to strip herself of her own voice to completely re-learn femininity. But beyond showmanship, every reaction, every emotion, every facial expression is truly wonderful. And I can feel her real mind. This is the kind of movie that makes me understanding transgendered person. The story is so human and so natural.

1 comment:

Leslie said...

I agree with you.. this movie was so human,, I also understood transgender people though it is not enough..
I think that nobody understand them fully how they feel and think.

Younghee jeong