May 2, 2010

What's writing?(Haiou Chu)

What’s writing? I want to know the real answer. However, I think everyone has the different opinions for what the writing is. First of all, I like writing. When I was a little girl, I want to be a writer. But, I found not everyone can understand your article. Even some people they judge your articles before they read your articles. This is the biggest insult and satire to the people who are writing seriously.
However, I still like writing. I like write a lot of story on my blog. And I like read many books for improve my writing skills or feel other people’s life. In my opinion, writing is a good tool for people to describe their views or minds.
Like my writing classes in US college. I learnt English 1F and English 2F. Actually, I am not a good student at these two classes. Because I do not like academic articles. Almost of articles are boring. Therefore every time when teacher asked us to read some articles, I want to die. Not surprisingly, these articles are long and tiring.
Compared with English 1F, I think English 2F is better. At least, the topic of writing is not boring at every time. The most impressed article topic is last semester’s essay. The teacher asked us talked about any advertising from magazine for five pages essay. I worked hard for the essay. I choose a fragrance’s advertising. The advertising contains only a model and their new perfume. I have tried my thoughts to write the five page’s essay. The teacher gave me a” D “as my final essay’s point.
From then on, I have not written an article seriously. However, both of my writing teacher never give me point lower than D. Therefore, I found give other’s essay score is a difficult thing to give a sensible score. Maybe you do not like the essay just for the beginning does not attract you. So, I like free writing. It is a good way to know the writer’s mind. Otherwise, it is always more interesting.
However, I need to improve my writing skills. Because I am a college student now. My major needs me to write more academic writings, not free writings. In the future, I will persuade myself to read more academic articles.
I would like to expand the content of my writing.

No comments: