May 2, 2010

What is writing? (Jaeman, Myung)

What is writing?

Writing is effective method which express our thinking. When I was a high-school, I had to write a lot of logical writing. Because to enter high-ranking, famous university, logical writing was so important for me. So I learned how to write the writing, how to arrange paragraph, and something connected with writing skills. I was good at writing. Meanwhile, I came to America to study. What I most problems, when I write essay, is I felt a pressure on my chest. Because I couldn’t write what I try to saying. I got a lot of stress and these things made me crazy. What I was unfair in getting grade essay was language problems like grammar, Korean style expression. Professors said to me, ‘your essay contents are good and ideas are nice. But you have trouble about languages.’ Because of language problems, I didn’t get good grade than I expected. My country does not teach English writing and speaking. My country’s English education policy is focusing on reading and listening. So I didn’t get any speaking class or writing class from the school. I think that is not problems not only my county but also most of Asian countries. That’s why I am poor at writing. Although I was under the a lot of stress since I arrived America, I was realized I should learn English more and more. Whenever I wrote essay, I always had troubles and then I make a firm resolution. And I have goal,that is, becoming a native speaker and writing. For me, writing was fight to myself, and will become my motivation.

No comments: