May 1, 2010

Don't just stand there - Ryuhei Yoshida

(1) I think her essay has a purpose but I strongly think her essay doesn't have persuasive contents because once I read her essay I couldn't understand what is her main point. I guess this is because she would use many quotes in her essay and this makes her essay hard to understand. I don't think she needs such a lot of quotes in it.

(2) the first example, which she mentioned in first paragraph in the essay, this lets reader easy to enter her essay. These familiar experience is good to attract readers. This explains to reader, there're many prejudice around the world even though it's in the US and also near you.

(3) She wants us to think many people think something about this topic. These quotes support her opinion. Also, quotes make her essay reliable to other. She quotes many famous person, like professor or chair of some organizetion. The reader relieve there people's words.

No comments: