May 2, 2010

what is writing? (yuting huang)

What is writing?

What is writing? In my opinion, writing is write down, what you are think and what you are interesting about, in the eng2f and eng1f class, we always write the paper follow the topic, I found the U.S. professors like torture of students use papers, and the professor from Chinese, like torture students use exam. In my way, I still feel a little examination would be easy. Because the test can be cheating. However, the paper can not. Every time English teacher arranged a writing assignment, I would wonder, why we shouled use English to write this article. If I can write this assignment in chinese, then more wonderful than use english. Written in Chinese, I feel I can write very well, but in English I wrote bad. Because many words, I know how to express in Chinese. But in English I do not know how to said it. For example, I always like writing in reference to an old peopel saying in the words, verse and phrase, these words should be translated into English is very difficult. I can only give these in the article cited. Then someone said, we can use the famous foreigners say in their article, this for me is difficult, too. Because the English book I know noly a little. So do not say that references may have heard of hearing. And I also know that we are studying in the USA, not in China. So writing in the United States is very important. Some professors's final examination may be is a essay. To be honest, I really do not like writing, even my dance courses this semester requires writing. I'm almost crazy. I really do not know the relationship between dance and writing. However, I heard about that the mathematics major does not require student writing, I am thinking about to transfer to mathematics major? I thing, maybe this major more easy for me graduation!

1 comment:

Phuong Nguyen said...

You're right, writing in mother tongue is always much easier. However, we're studying in an English-speaking country so writing in English is unavoidable. Writing is a tough work, right. But it's useful and it will accompany with you for your whole life, not only in school. So, I think you should get used to it. You may want to watch movies in English to improve your English, I find this really interesting.
Good luck ;)