May 2, 2010

what is writing? (Mengjing Yang)

Writing and speaking are completely different. Although, both of them are important of language.
The words we used in daily life for communicating with each other which is quiet simple. However it is easy, I still could not express myself sometimes. I know what is my feeling, but I just could not speak out with right words. Writing is worse for me. Because I need care more about vocabularies and grammar. In order to write a good article requires many conditions, such as the center, smooth beautiful sentence or story, etc... As an international student, English is not my mother tongue. I could easily write down a 1000 Chinese free writing, but I only could do a small job on English. At first, it is hard for me to write article with English. Because it is different from Chinese article. I always think how to write it in Chinese way, and then usually, I would like to transfer to English. It is wrong. I could not write a true English article, so that, some people confused and could not understand. Another point is vocabularies. In many situation, I don’t know which word should I use. Even I know that, but I don’t how to use it in right way. This is a huge problem around international student. When I was writhing a Chinese writing, I can use some of China's color phrases, and many times, English is not a way to translate these wonderful phrases. So I was writing when English composition, usually because not think of right words to stop writing. I began afraid to write. But during this class. I learnt a lot. I began to write something in English, and found it became easy. Writing is a good way to Expresses feelings. It is also a kind of practice of English, I hope my English can get better and better.

No comments: