Apr 27, 2008

Thank You, Professor Bai (by Jieyu Hu)

I don’t know how to express my feeling at this moment. I can just feel my heart beating so quick. Until I realize that it is already the end of the writing class and we have been together for almost a year, I know I am not willing to leave this big family so much.
I still remember the first day when I stepped into English 1-F classroom with a little bit timidity and found a seat in the last row of the class. After the first class, I knew our writing professor was a Chinese, which made me not so nervous like before. Her name is Leslie Bai. I always thought she would treat Chinese students better because we are from the same country. However, she never did like that.
To tell the truth, I have not been so serious with the writing class from the beginning to the end. I have been treating writing class as a place to relax myself. Though I really want to write perfect essays, I never try my best to reach the goal. I treated submitting every essay as my target but not the essay’s quality. Last time when we wrote the research paper, I directly copied so much from the website. Expectedly I received professor Bai’s mail. But to my surprise, she wrote she was so disappointed with what I had done, not just my paper. At that time, I just had nothing to say. I had to accept the result of my own behavior. What she said made me think so much about my writing even my attitude towards study and life. Finally, I woke up from my own world. In one minute I understand the meaning about the existence of writing class. It is not only a class, but also a place where I can learn about life and the society. I begin to regret what I did in the past days. However, it’s really a good lesson for me to go on my future life. What’s more, from writing class, I realize a lot of truth.
I think wring is an enjoyable process for me because I can write whatever I want to say and it’s a process to improve my way of thinking. I want to say writing for me is not only a course to get credits. It’s an approach to make my voice heard, a good record of my life track and a process of self-recognition. I understand what I am really thinking about from writing. It corrects my wrong attitude to writing and life. Besides, I am an international student, whose English is not so fluent as foreigners. So writing is much more necessary for me. Sometimes I feel it difficult to write a satisfied essay because of the lack of words. It is the biggest challenge for me. So I tell myself I have to remember more and more words from now on. Also, organizing the sentences perfectly seems difficult for me. I prefer Journal writing. Because writing a journal everyday makes me feel substantial. Furthermore, by everyday writing, I can accumulate more life experiences, which benefit my future life.
However, other kinds of writing also gave me much knowledge. From blog posting, I understand life is controlled by your hand. I have to post by myself and nobody would help you do it. It’s not only the blog posting, but also the test for my positivity for life. Essay seems a big challenge for me. But I still learn a lot from writing essay. Sometimes when I write my own experience, essay reminds me of the past days like childhood and the life in High School, which gives me so much courage to go forward. I have never written poem in English, so I won’t tell poem. When I mention research paper, I know it is the biggest lesson for me. I learn a lot from research paper. I know we can’t just copy from the Internet. We have to write our own ideas. Website is just a place where we can see the reference. Writing a research paper needs our patient and our talent for logic thinking.
A good writer must be an honest person. He must have many experiences about life. He must be so anxious about looking for the truth of life. He must write every word using his heart. Thanks for writing class. Thanks for professor Bai. I reach the meaning of wring and the meaning of life after one year’s writing class. Though next semester there won’t be writing class for me anymore, I will stick to wring journal every day. Professor Bai makes me understand so many things I didn’t know before. I think I will remember the days with you. I will remember the experience in writing class. Thank you, Professor Bai!

No comments: