Apr 29, 2008

a chance to express mind

by Sayaka Muratomi

The older I am, the more often I have written essay and journal. Writing is usually enjoyable for me, though depend on the topic. Writing can express my mind and it remains without change. Some writing like research paper don’t include personal feeling but I believe writing is usually a chance to express my mind, knowledge and what I usually think and feel as records. In this writing course, to be honest, sometimes I wrote to get credit because I didn’t have any interesting about the topic. I think to write well is important to think of topic very much. Some topics are the topics I have thought of before and I have interesting in. Writing such topics is very interesting for me and I believe the writings are more valuable than writing topics which I don’t interesting for me. Writing about the topics which I have usually thought of makes my mind clear and tidy. I could find that my thought has contradiction or my thought is not logical because I can see my thought from objective view. I think this is a good way to practice logical thinking. And also what I write with my thought would be absolutely a good record of my life. When I read it again a few years or a few decades later, I can remind of exactly what I thought and feel then. The thought would be change and the thought would not be change. If it changes, I could feel my growth like I find the drawing which was painted when I was 5 years old. If it doesn’t change, I might feel strength of my thought. I prefer writing which I can express my thought and my mind like essay and journal. However, in this course I found that depend on topics, I like research paper, too. To research and analyze the topic is not a chance to express my mind but a chance to save knowledge and to practice logical thinking very well. I believe that to be a good writer, logical thinking is essential. Logical thinking is important for not only research paper but also for any writing because without logical thinking, there is no unity and also readers couldn’t understand what a writer wants to tell what a writer wants to tell. Even though writing is a chance to express mind and idea, without logical thinking, it is meaningless if readers couldn’t understand what a writer says. Logical thinking helps a writer to order what the writer wants tell from thesis to conclusion. Any writing with order is easy for readers to understand what a writer says and has great power of persuasion about the thesis. These writing fascinate readers and draw readers into the writing world. Actually, I learned how to think logical thorough writing a littele. In general, I think of, feel, hear and know many various things. Sometimes, I would insist on and talk about that with my family or friends. Later talking, however, there is nothing as form and I wouldn’t remember exactly what I say. Writing is the best way to express what I think of, feel, hear and know in general not only because it remains as forms but also because writing helps to order my mind and view it objectively.

No comments: