Dec 16, 2009

Reunion (SooHyeon.Kang)

One fine day, she tidies up herself and her heart is throbbing with expectation. She walks into a restaurant with taking breath. There are already her old friends who had lived together in one same small town for almost ten years. They are talking on and on without pausing for breath.
“Hey, guys! It’s been a long time since I saw you guys last.” she says.
“ Ann, what a surprise! I haven’t seen you in ages.” some of them say hello.
However, she seems as if looking for someone else. After having dinner, they are having a bottle of beer. Abruptly, one of her friends asks,
“Who can you guys look for when you need a wise solution to your problem? Who is the first you turn to when you want to have fun?”
“Of course, these my friends, man!” the others answer laughing.
“I think, after all, I can lean on someone who know me well and love me.”
The familiar voice leaves Ann breathless for a while. And a man appears in front of the audience. Ryan walks toward Ann and down on his knees, telling his feelings.
“Since I met you at the first in the kindergarten, I couldn’t erase your thought and you are still roaming in my brain every moment.”
They get out of the restaurant and just walked along the seashore, saying nothing. She opens her lips to make some remarks.
“When my boy friend leaved the town on the spur of the moment without saying a thing, I found it so hard to get over him for some time. As time passed, I was able to recover barely from the pain of parting. But you came out again! Now?”
He apologies to her. But he said “when I left, my father’s business suddenly went flop and left our family a huge debt. So our family had to move the small house. At that time, I was young and I was ashamed that our family was bankrupt. That’s why I left you.”
Ann hugs him without saying anything, weeping tears.

After they solved misunderstanding each other, they naturally fell in love again.
Finally, they excitedly told each other’s parents they fall in love and going to get married. Their parents approved of their getting married. But real marriages was not easy like they expected and they often fought because of gap of thought, lifestyle and understanding. Dangerous and unhappy marriage has been kept up with their children until their 60th anniversary. And finally they decided to divorce under joint agreement.

The old couple around the age of 60 walks into a lawyer's office. Apparently, they are there to file a divorce. While they were signing the papers, Ann told her husband..
"I really love you, but I really can’t carry on anymore, I'm sorry…”
"I understand." said the husband.
That night, both of them couldn't sleep, toss and turn, toss and turn... After hours, the old man, Ryan, couldn’t take it anymore. He knows that he still loves Ann, and he can’t carry on life without Ann. He recalls their childhood, dates and blissful time in their lifetime. Ryan wants Ann back, he wants to tell her, ‘I am sorry, I wanted to tell you "I love you"...’
He picks up the phone, starting dialing her number....ringing never stops..he never stop dialing.... On the other side, Ann was sad, Ann couldn’t understand how come after all these years, Ryan still doesn’t understand her at all, she loves him a lot, but she just can’t take it anymore....phone 's ringing, she refuses to answer knowing that its him.

Ryan was disappointed because Ann didn’t pick up the phone. But he tried to contact her everyday repenting of his sins. However, Nevertheless Ryan’s apology, Ann’s wounded heart was not treated easily. One day, Ann received news that Ryan had passed away...Ann rushed down to his apartment, saw his body, lying on the couch still holding on to the phone...he had a heart attack when he was still trying to get through her phone line.
At that moment, Ann recognized that actually she already forgave him and she also still love him. She did not have brave to tell him and she was afraid unhappy marriages happen again. But now she can’t say anything to Ryan. Ann anguished over the loss of a loved Ryan. Then 7-days later, Ann decided to suicide, leaving a short will to her children.
"When you love someone, let them know. You never know what will happen the next minute. Learn to build a life together trying to fit each other and to understand. Learn to love each other…"

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Why do people love each other for many years then suddenly separate? Because of misunderstanding.People should have communicate.