Dec 16, 2009

The happy moment (heejin kim)

The happy moment

“Everyone stand up and go to the back. We are going to match a partner.” The beginning of semester started. A young and pretty teacher said to students. All my classmates went back and stood in the order of height. A boy looked naughty but attractive approached to me. I looked at him at close range. He was the most popular one in the school and he said. “Hi, what’s your name?”
“Ah, Hi, I’m Jessica. You are… Alex..?”
“Yes! How did you know my name? Do you like me??”
“What!?” I gazed at him in blank dismay. He laughed and it looked he enjoyed teasing me. But the joke did not hurt my mind. I was not unpleasant.
“Sorry, it was joke~” he smiled. I also laughed. We became a partner. In fact, at that time, I had a boyfriend whose name was Andy. Before we went out with each other, we were very close and had a lot of talking. But after that, we became a negative couple since we were filled with shame and the number of dating decreased. We didn’t have enough conversation. One day, Andy’s family decided to move to other village and he had to change the school.
“I’ll send a letter… don’t cry…. We can meet at least twice a week.”
Yes, actually, the distance was a little way. But the moment when we parted from each other, it was sad. After he went to other school, we entered a higher grade and I met Alex in the new class.
“Do you have a boyfriend?”
“Yup, I do. But he is not in our school.” I said. “Why?”
“No, I’m just asking. What type of boy do you like?”
He kept asking that kind of questions. As time went by we became close friends with eight classmates who were seated near our seat. One of them, Lilly, was a very pretty girl and kind to everyone. In an instant, Alex and Lilly hung out very often.
‘What’s the problem?! I’m okay! She is my best friend! And they also very close each other!!’
I went on mumbling to myself. Like utter a magic an incantation. But I felt jealous of her. I didn’t know why. Just friend..? or love..? When they whispered to each other, I would approach them casually, “Tell me what you guys were talking.”
But they tried to give an evasive answer. I could feel that. When I saw their action, I was heartsick. But I pretended I didn’t care and it was nothing. After that, I thought they get along with each other. But I didn’t ask them. I didn’t want to hear their love story.
One day, our school was supposed to take a trip to amusement park. Alex was delighted and kept saying to me.
“I’m really excited!! Oh my god! Can you see that? There is Roller coaster!!”
He was like very pure kid. After a few hours, he suddenly said “Jessica! I have a favor to ask of you.”
“What is it? Go ahead.”
“I need your help. Actually I want to date with somebody and show my mind to her.”
My mind became a complete blank. But my tongue worked “Sure!” with smile.
‘Oh dear…!’ I was sure that girl was Lilly.
After the field trip, he certainly said, “Please bring Lilly to a playground with you.” “Alright.”
-Ring Ring Ring ~~
“Hello, this is Lilly.”
“Hi Lilly, This is Jessica! What are you doing?”
“Nothing special, why?”
“Let’s hang out! I have something to tell you.”
After 10 minutes, we met. My heart beat fast. We walked around a playground where Alex was at. Some candles were seen from far away. It got nearer to us. I waited to celebrate their first day, but at that very moment, I saw the word that was written on the cake.
“Jessica, I like you..” Alex said and gave me the cake with lovely words.
“He has liked you since the first time you guys met.” Lilly said with happy voice.
Yes.. He had liked me since very long ago. That time I had a boyfriend. And he couldn’t say to me. The thing he could do was to become a close friend and make me smile. Every time he asked Lilly about my relationship with Andy. He was always behind me. Finally I knew his mind.. and my mind. I smiled and my eyes filled with tears.

5 comments:

Leslie said...

i like the love story!! Its like in high school !!

FANGYU LIN

Leslie said...

i like this story~:)
this is so cute.---yumiha

Leslie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Leslie said...

this story is so cute. i like that!(Hearim Lee)

Leslie said...

This is such a sweet story ~ :)
I would like to have a this kind of story in my life. It's so cutee !
(Seong KYung Kim)