May 2, 2009

Writing-the confidence booster (Aakash Mehta)
Before a month or so, I was working in my room at night. My cousin brother came in my room to invite me for the dinner. He saw me and asked me that what I was doing. I replied that I am writing a letter to my grandfather in India. He got very much surprised to hear that. In this modern world of technology and internet, I was writing a letter on a post card to my grandfather. However, it is never unusual for me. In my life, writing has a very important identity. It is a kind of activity that I never take as granted.
I enjoy all forms of writing very much and I prefer writing on top of reading and speaking. In my personal opinion, writing is a primary and the most important basis upon which I commute to the society. There are many people who take writing just as a study course that they can get good score or credits of. Many more take writing just as a temporary subject for the academic semester or year. However, in this competitive world I can never restrict my writing to the subject or to one academic semester or year. I use writing on daily basis in my life. Writing is an important tool for me that explain my messages and express my feelings among the world. It is the base upon which my knowledge is being judged in the society. It is very necessary in molding my academic career. Writing makes my thinking clearer and more visible. It helps me in understanding the statements, facts, opinions and inferences. Sometimes excess speaking and listening gets tiring for me. I often get confused in live speaking if I miss any part or any part I don’t understand. I can’t go back in such speaking. However, writing is pretty straight forward to me. I don’t get confused in it as I can always go back and look for the missed parts or can search the meanings for confused words and/or sentences.
Moreover, writing organizes my observations, thoughts and ideas that provide me a clear path of working which is lacking in confusion. It is ability by which I can explain complicated situations to my readers. Writing is always portable. In other words, it is always easy for me to carry books, magazines or articles with. The debate has been going on since many years about whether the books are better than movies or vice versa. I always prefer a book on movies as in my opinion writing is permanent. I can preserve my ideas and reflect upon them later any time. Moreover, I can preserve writing for as much time I want. On the other hand, the CDs or DVDs of movies get useless after certain period of time.
For international students writing is very much important. In my own opinion, any kind of essay writing, articles or research paper writing requires a lot of reading and knowledge of the related topics. Thus, writing appears to be a role model in the improvement of the knowledge. Furthermore, it also improves the speaking abilities. Other than these, it also helps to improve vocabulary, intellectual flexibility and maturity. These tools are very important in the practical world. As I think, writing is an essential job skill for the academic path.
I enjoy all kinds of writing. However, personally I prefer academic writing such as, journals, articles or research papers. Because in such forms of writings I need to work very hard and it is always glad for me to be judged and credited by the academic individuals. I never expect anything when I write. I write as a hobby and not to prove anything. However, I always learn something new when I write. I always improve my word bank and my knowledge gets better all the time I write. Due to these, I can talk about any topic among the society.
In my opinion, a hard work in the field of reading and knowledge can make me a good writer. However, I am not a writer. I write as I am fond of it. I can never take writing tiring. My writings strongly reflect my personality. For me, writing is a great confidence booster.

No comments: