May 4, 2009

some feelings about writing (Yuan Xu)

Language is hard, especially for us, foreigner students. However, I find English is very interesting when I study it. It is the reason that I keep studying English for so many years.
Studying is never a easy way to go. When I came to America, I found the requirement is so high, especially for English writing. In China, when I write an essay, all I need to do is that present the meaning clearly. When I went the collage, I was told to do more. For example, I should organize the structure well in the essay, and I should present the thesis statement clearly.
I benefit a lot from writing. When I prepare to write an essay, I should read a lot of materials. Reading is a hard process for writing. Firstly, I should collect as much information and data as I can. Then I should analyze and pick up useful information. It not only improves my reading skills, but also enriches my knowledge. Also I can increase my vocabulary. What is more, I learn that how to study through reading by myself. When I am writing, I find it is very important to write an outline. If I write a clear outline, I can write the essay quickly. And the essay will be organized well. Otherwise it will cost me much time to finish the essay. Also, it is very necessary to read and correct the essay many times before making the final draft. No matter how perfect your first draft is, there are always many things should be improved in the essay. In my view, writing is an attitude. We must do it as best as we can. Just as the saying, no pay no gain. The more efforts you put in writing, the better essay you will write. In this way, we can write good articles. Otherwise we will never write out good essays. Writing is also a good way to relax myself. When I feel lonely, I can write. It is like that I am talking with myself when I am writing. I can write everything I want to write. It is a world created by myself. Here I can express my feelings and emotion freely. Writing is really happy thing. Also, when we enter the society, the person who has better writing skills will benefit a lot.

No comments: