Apr 28, 2009

learn from writing (Mengmeng Chen)

When I came to America and started my academic year in the university, I found writing become more and more difficult for me and it is full of challenge more than ever. I love writing especially when I was in the middle school. Unfortunately, I love writing but can only write a good essay with my own language. When I took the ENG1f course in my first semester, it seemed like I spent a lot of time on translating my own point of views or ideas into another language-English. At that time, because of the language problem, I think writing is no longer a freedom stage for me to express my ideas, experiences or thoughts, and sometimes it is even hard for me to describe my meaning accurately in my essays.

During the time of writing course, I had learnt a lot from writing essays and journals such as the structure, organization, the importance of the thesis statement and many new words. It is also a good chance to learn new information when we are doing research works for writing. I enjoy the moment when I finish an essay even though I know maybe I have to rewrite it. I know writing is an important part for students because it is required for many college courses, and also I may apply it for my future job. It needs a lot of time to practice in order to develop our writing skill.

Writing is sometimes hard and time-consuming, but sometimes it is easy and interesting. I love writing when it is not an assignment. Actually, I don’t like write in a formal way or limited by any format or topic. I think writing is to use words to record and express my ideas or thoughts freely. It is full of emotion and attracted people by its authenticity. That is why I prefer to read or write stories like personal experiences rather than academic articles.

Writing can establish relationship to make us understand each other better, and we can learn more knowledge through writing.

No comments: