Apr 26, 2009

Have to do, then enjoy (Jianle Pan)

Jianle Pan
Eng-2F
Proffessor: Leslie Bai
21/Apr/09

Have to do, then enjoy
When my first time to write essay in Eng-1F course as three page paper, I feel unbelievable and confused. Before I came to America, I feel so hard to write ielts writing about 250 words. However, I have to write between 500 and 1000 words essay in Eng-1F.
Eng-1F has total four essays to write. Every time we got essay homework, I always took three or four days to write essay. First day, I just write title and thinking of this topic for long time and get result: tomorrow continue writing. Second day, I still spend a lot of time to thinking of topic and writing, but I just write few words and still have no idea. Third day, it’s the last day of deadline. I have no choice, but to finish. What made me feel so hard to write essay? Main factor is grammar, which are the most international students weak. Once my friend told me, even American housewife just know not very much words, she still can talk to everyone. That means even you don’t know many words, good grammar also can write a perfect article. Of course, vocabulary, organization, content also is very important.
I suffered from essay last semester, and really tired and confused about writing essay. Every time I think of I must take Eng-2F course, I feel so terrible and consider my life wouldn’t be better. I know I have to do.
Fortunately, our professor asked us to write outline first therefore I can write essay quickly. Since I have outline, my idea about topic is clearer than before, and also I can think deeply in this area. Therefore, words are not a problem. Now I can finish first draft in a one day even just one afternoon if I have a good outline. When I did my research paper, I always look for information online. Since I have outline, it is very clear to search information and write paper. I feel more confidence and more pleasure to write such a long paper (2000 words).
Writing essay is not seems too hard and too boring now. Outline makes everything simpler. If you write more detail outline, it is help you more easily to write essay. And also you cannot lose idea any more.
Gradually, I enjoyed writing essay instead of extreme hate. Thinks to my professor, I found how to write essays and how to organize article structure well. Structure is the first step of writing. I know that I still have big problem of grammar and vocabulary, at least, I like writing now so I believe I can improve writing by myself.

No comments: