Oct 14, 2007

Ji Hwan: BLT? What is it?


My story is not about American food and culture.
But I want to tell you something I experienced about american food.
Because this is free writing.
This happening was a shame to me.
Do you know about BLT? I had experienced very shocked happening because of the BLT. One day, I went to SUBWAY to have lunch.It was my first time to go to SUBWAY, so I didn’t know how to order food. Not only that, but my English skill was not good enough to explain something I want to eat. I just wanted to eat bacon & cheese sandwich. So I ordered bacon first. And saleswoman said, “Do you want BLT?”. I didn’t understand that meaning. I just guessed that it means name of bacon, so I just said yes. She started to prepare my sandwich except cheese. So I said, “I also want American cheese.”. Then she started to get angry and said “You said you want BLT, didn’t you?”. She was loudly complaining and people around me were looking at my face. I couldn’t hang my head for shame, and I just left the store. After I came back home, I searched the meaning of BLT. Its meaning was bacon, lettuce, and tomato sandwich. After that happening, I often order BLT whenever I go to SUBWAY and it became my favorite American food.

- Ji Hwan

5 comments:

Leslie said...

Ji Hwan,
It's really not a shame but a luck that you learned something new. To know nothing is not a shame, but to pretend to know everything is a real shame.
You came here to learn new things, and you made it. Your parents are proud of you. Me, too, though not your parents. ^^
Is there anyone who wanna share your "shame" here?
By the way, is that picture a BLT?

Leslie said...

No, that picture is not exact BLT.
I wanted to upload a BLT picture, but I couldn't find it.
But BLT looks like that picture.

And thank you for your comment.^^

Leslie said...

Haha, you owe me a BLT picture. Maybe next time you can invite me to have a BLT, then your debit is clear. *o*

Leslie said...

^^Yes, I did.haha.
And I'll buy BLT for you some time or other.
But Im not sure when I will do it.'
Haha

Leslie said...

Does that mean "never"?