Mar 1, 2009

We Can Change (Shuhua Lu)

we can change

After reading two articles, I thought about many things.

In last week’s blogpost, I talked about the gender equality, which should be this week’s topic. I criticize that” it is absolutely a stupid, bossy and arbitrary opinion, which should not exist in modern society.” Also, I believe that Individuals are born equal and everyone’s natural rights such as, receiving education and pursuing love, will not change because of nationality, race or gender.

Dila comments” this is the way they learn, their father did same things to his mother and he learned like that… So everything is not easy to change or judge” I agree with a part of them. Children will copy their parents’ action and think about the things like their parents because of closeness in both physical and emotional. It is natural and genetics. However, I can hardly accede to the opinion that everything is not easy change or judge. I think that people always do the thing which they think is right because of different education and culture background. I am not judge the people who is under that kind of constitution, but I make comments to this kind of constitution, which I barely agree.

I believe that everything can be changed, especially the wrong things. For example, after the War of Independence, the slavery is legal in south of America. The majority of people supported that because it could give them a lot of cheap labor forces, which eventually led to the high profit. That is wrong and hard to change. Nevertheless, the slavery was abolished through the Civil War. The war cost enormous but the benefit is liberty. That’s worth.

Therefore, I think that everything can be changed even though it cost a lot. We have to change it if we think it should.

No comments: