Sep 20, 2011

Some approaches to MLA work cited

Hi, everyone.
I know that MLA work cited is really painful if you are not used to it...
Also, I was struggling with citation for a long time. Throughout that painful times, I learned some shortcuts, which lessens your burdens for citation.

1) What you've found is part of academic journal or magazine, or even books. Futhermore, you can cite sources from newspapers such as NYTIMES in here...
Go to
http://proquest.umi.com/pqdweb?RQT=302&COPT=REJTPTEwMmEmSU5UPTAmVkVSPTI=&clientId=18091&cfc=1

And type either title of the journal or author of the journal. If you want to search author of the journal, you have to change "citation and abstract" into the "author"

Then, after you type, you will see the "cite this" in the far below of the website.
The computer program will make a right citation form for you.

2) If you're resources are from website, then you should go to
http://www2.liu.edu/cwis/cwp/library/workshop/citmla.htm

This website will help you to write down MLA citation in a right form...

1 comment:

Minghong Wang said...

Thanks. I think that It's really helpful for all the classmates. When I took English 1F course, I only did the work cited once. So I don't familiar with citation. I'm so anxious about this first draft for English 2F. Cause I don't know the right citation format....