Sep 22, 2011

Hi, dear classmates
There’s something that I wanna share with you guys. Especially some students from other country.
In China, we believe that a good name may influence ones fate. My name is Minghong Wang. Wang is my family name, and this is a big family name in China ( like Smith, William, ). In Chinese, this word of Wang means king and power. Minghong is my first name. Actually, these are two words, Ming means tomorrow and Hong means rainbow in Chinese. So tomorrow's rainbow is my name's significance. I got this name from my grandmother, she wants me to never give up and always have hope. To my family, my name is full of joy. There is a rainbow, for my family and me. To my community, it means tomorrow's sunshine. It's a very positive name. I also feel my name suit me so much for my personality. Rainbow always show up after the rain. We must persist in our efforts, then we can see the rainbow. In addition to my name, I also have a nickname. My parents call me Xiao Honghong, the meaning of this is little baby. Finally, I want to talk about my English name, Joy. I choose it from my Chinese name's meaning. My family want me to bring joy for family.
If you are interested in this, you can leave your comments about any other special meaning of your name.
Minghong Wang

2 comments:

Leslie said...

Who can tell me what this is about?

Leslie said...

Now I could read it. Yes, I love your name, ESP. The part about rainbow. Chinese names always have a special meaning, mostly parents' good wish, expectation and blessing. It is said people usually will unconsciously tend to grow up into a person as suggested by a name.

I believe so.